Thank you for shopping with Cake Topper Animals, as a visitor to and/or a customer of our website, you are bound by and agree to the below terms and conditions and the terms and conditions outlined in the link found in footer of this website. The terms and conditions are here to protect both yourself as a consumer and us as a business.
Further terms with regards to orders, postage and delivery:
- Postage and packaging is charged at a standard rate of £5.45 for UK 1st class delivery via Royal Mail, only. Please do not request that parcels be sent using any other service or delivery provider.
- We are happy to ship worldwide, if you cannot see your country in the drop down menu at point of checkout, please contact us before placing your order using firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an individual quotation for delivery to your country. For International delivery times from the UK to your selceted destination please refer to the official Royal Mail website for up to date delivery times.
- For up to date delivery times and our current turnaround time please always check your confirmation email for further information or email us directly. Delivery terms are subject to change, up to date delivery times will always be reflected on your confirmation email upon ordering and within the banner at the top of our website homepage.
- International orders will only ever be sent using a Royal Mail International Tracked delivery service complete with insurance. This is our preferred and trusted delivery provider and we will not use any other delivery provider on your request.
- The express shipping option at checkout is available for customers wanting to guarantee that their order will arrive in time to counter any delays due to Covid and the effect this is having on the postal services at present. All orders are still processed in line with our current advertised turnaround time or the date you email us with/put on your order regardless of whether you choose 1st class or express shipping.
- We are very proud of and particular about the high quality of our packing to ensure your party animals reach you in the condition that they leave our Headquarters. In order to provide this service we procure and utilise what we believe to be high quality packaging supplies, the cost of which is included in the standard P&P rate of £4.75.
- If you would like a full breakdown of our standard rate of P&P, you may contact us directly, whereby we will happily discuss this with you.
- By placing an order with us you agree that once your parcel has left our hands we cannot be held responsible for the way in which your parcel is handled by the Royal Mail nor the timescale in which the parcel takes to reach you. The Royal Mail timescale for 1st class parcels is 24 to 48 hours including Saturdays according to their website.
- Please note that all animals are sold separately and discounts cannot be offered on purchases of multiple items, as such we respectfully ask that you do not ask for discounts to this effect. All items are handmade to order and our prices fairly reflect this, we also gladly offer sales and surprise discount codes to all customers at various times of the year by way of thanks for your support.
- Should a customer provide us with a date for their event that is significantly ahead of the date in which they order – for example 3 months ahead of our usual 4 to 6 weeks turnaround time, we will create and ship the order closer to the date provided by the customer. This applies to all orders but specifically wedding commissions, hand painted commissions and orders with a value over £120. This allows us the time we need to pay extra attention to the handmade details of your order to ensure it is as special and as high quality as possible but also to allow us to cater for customers who’s required dates are more urgent and within our 4 to 6 week turnaround time. If you think this applies to your order but would prefer to still receive your order within our 4 to 6 week turnaround time, please put your request in writing to email@example.com where we will be happy to discuss/accommodate this for you.
- We will not send orders to a postal address that differs to the address you have provided on your order form. This includes orders made via Clearpay. This is to ensure we are appropriately covered in the event of loss or damage at the hands of the delivery partner or in any instance where a transaction is queried by a bank. Please ensure the information you provide on your order is up to date and correct as we regret that we’re unable to accommodate any later changes.
- We cannot be held responsible if your post person chooses not to deliver your parcel due to receiving no answer from your property when they initially attempt delivery. If your parcel is given to a neighbour or taken back to a sorting office or collection point, we cannot be held responsible for this.
- Refunds or cancellation of an order cannot be issued if your parcel does not arrive on time in the instance where we have met the above terms of dispatch. Delays within the postal system are reasonably out of our control and therefore we reserve the right to uphold this policy without affecting your statutory rights.
- Whilst we are happy to receive photos of other party animal Maker’s work as a form of inspiration for a custom order, please understand that we will not directly copy the work of another Maker and ask that you do not specifically ask us to do so, only asking us to use any photos provided for inspiration purposes only. If photos are provided, we ask that you also note who the original creator is and provide us with this information so that we can appropriately and fairly credit [them] in any social media posts picturing the finished party animal inspired by [their] work. Please also note that any party animal made by us with another Maker’s work as inspiration will be made strictly in our own style only.
- Due to the handmade, bespoke nature of these party animals, refunds and exchanges cannot be issued for instances where a customer has changed their mind, an order has not arrived in time due to circumstances reasonably out of Cake Topper Animals© control and or the item has been damaged at the hands of the customer. Refunds will only be accepted on items that have been damaged in the post or where it has been made incorrectly.
- Please note that, due to the handmade nature of these items there will be times where the customer’s choice of accessories, for example, are not physically possible or the overall design/finish would be negatively impacted by the customer’s choice of design/accessories. For example, requesting too much text for the size of a single flag or requesting a pennant on an animal where the text would not be visible due to the stance or body parts of the animal obstructing the view of the pennant. In this instance I will invoke creative reign over the design of the party animal ensuring to stick as closely to the brief as possible whilst creating a finished product that is still aesthetically pleasing.
- It is the customer’s sole responsibility to provide as much detail as possible about the bespoke nature of their order, this includes but is not limited to colours, wording personalisation, type/colour of animal selected, fabric and accessory choices. Please do not ask for your animals to be ‘as per the photo’ or ‘like the animal in photo number 3’, we regularly update our stock photos and so cannot use these as a point of reference when creating your order, please provide specific colours/patterns etc in the notes boxes.
- Should specific details not be provided by the customer at point of checkout, we Cake Topper Animals, will assume free creative reign and will create the party animals to closely match whatever or little details are provided by the customer.
- Should a customer order a specific party animal(s) which is then later found to be out of stock or discontinued, the customer will receive the same type of animal but in a different stance or brand, for example, based on the stock available.
- Please note that all photos of our party animals on our website and social media channels are examples of previous work and not a direct interpretation of the animals you will receive – variations will occur as per the handmade nature of the items.
- You must also ensure that if you wish to order a bunny with a hat, balloon and flag, for example, that you add the each accessory individually using the drop down menus on the item page, the photos of the animals are for demonstration purposes only and not a direct interpretation of what you will receive.
- Please note that customer’s are responsible for returns and must ensure that they use a tracked service and retain proof of posting.
- We will only reimburse return postage costs that have been sent using an agreed service prior to the parcel being returned.
- Should you need to return an item to us you must ensure that only the original packaging is used to pack the order and that all aspects of your order remain unused. We cannot be held responsible for a returned item that is damaged during transit where original packaging is not used by the customer.
- Returns must be sent back to us within 14 calendar days from when the parcel was first attempted for delivery to the customer’s address.